I now had the time to perform some testing on my own. This is what I've found:
- if you are using a device with a built-in ANT+ chip, there seems to be no problems.
- if you are using the ANT+ USB dongle, you may have problems. In quite a few cases, the app wasn't working after update. However, it does not seem to be a problem with the app. Just uninstall the ANT+ USB service (not the radio service) and install it again. This procedure has fixed the issue in all of my tests.
Update / 1 : in one case, a user had to uninstall the usb service, reboot, reinstall. It didn't work without a reboot.
Generally speaking, I would suggest that you disable automatic updates for the dynastream service, unless you have strong reasons not to. Their roadmap is taking them in a direction where apps have even less control than they used to have. I spent quite some time squeezing as much reliability as I could out of their services, in the most difficult scenario (there are dozens of apps talking to HR straps, but no others talking to Garmin watches). I would suggest that you stay with a version that works, as long as you can.
As usual, when something external to my apps breaks, I get dozens of angry emails (thanks guys). Unfortunately, like many of you I have a real job: that's why I can spend some time on unprofitable hobbies like this app. Therefore, I cannot always respond immediately, which seems to upset some people even more. If you don't want to follow sportablet on facebook / twiter, at least when you have a problem check the recents posts in the blog. There is a good chance that you'll find the answer here.
UPDATE / 2 : for some of you, the fix above is not [reliably] working. I have experienced this myself on some devices: it works, but not all the times. I'm now testing a new version of the apps which should reliably work around the problem, which is only about establishing the initial link. Please stay tuned for another post / app update in a few hours.