JUNE UPDATE: Dynastream has finally confirmed the problem, at least for some devices. For LG and HTC phones, it seems to be an interplay between an update from the manufacturer and a limitation in the dynastream service. After some work, they have built a new radio service which should fix the problem. I have the APK, so If you're willing to install a beta version of their radio service, please contact me from the "contact" page above or via email, and I'll send it with instructions.
If your phone is not HTC / LG but you're affected by this problem (that basically ends up with a sequence of ANT_DISABLED notification in my log) please get in touch and send me a log, as it could be a different issue with the dynastream service.
A recent update to the dynastream services (ant+ radio service and ant+ usb service) is causing problems to some android devices. I don't have the full picture yet. So far, what I've seen is:
- some devices cycle between ant enabled / ant disabled
- some devices don't get the ant+ channel, so they can't progress
- there might be other cases that I have to understand / categorize
I'll try to contact the guys at dynastream, because it doesn't look like something I can fix on my side. My suggestions:
- as I always say: disable automatic update of the dynastream services. Do not blindly assume that I can fix things. Dynastream has its own strategy, and it is not well aligned with the needs of my app.
- if you have already upgraded, and are experiencing problems, downgrade. I suggest that you do not get the old services from unverified sources. Dynastream keeps an archive of previous versions on github, and the latest good one is here. You need to click on each service and then on "raw" to download the apk. After that, you have to uninstall the service and install the apk manually.
- I understand that some devices running lollipop do not accept the old services. At this stage, I don't have a fix for that.