To use ANT+, you have to install a couple of services on your tablet. My previous post explains the entire procedure in full details. Please take the time to go through it.
Support is still in beta, which means:
- There is no graceful error handling if you do not install the required ANT+ services (again, see my previous post).
- There seems to be timeout issues inside the Dynastream service. There are a few knobs you can turn inside "options". Again see my previous post for full details.
The beta is fully functional and safe to use. No data is ever written to the forerunner, so it's always risk-free. If the app ever hangs for any reason, the watch may stay in the "upload" mode for a dozen seconds or so, but will revert to standby or time mode in a short while.
Please send me a log if you try out the beta. I really need to check what is going on with different Garmin models and tablets / phones. The ANT+ log is very detailed and can get a little too long for some email apps, so:
- try the app with device diagnostics off, just to check that it works.
- if the app works, enable device diagnostics (under "my options"), turn on the watch again, and enable everything on your watch as you did before. The app will see that there are no new activities and will stop earlier. Send me that log with the red button, thanks :-).
- if the app does not work for your device / tablet, enable device diagnostics, set up your watch as described in my previous post, try to upload. The app will retry for a long while, so at some point you may want to stop it and send me the log.