Sportablet 3.5 and the Uploader for Garmin 2.6Sportablet 3.5 and the Uploader for Garmin 2.6 provide alpha-level support for the Garmin Forerunner 310xt, 610, 910xt. Being still in alpha, support is disabled by default and can only be enabled with a passcode.
Note: I've just released those versions (January 20) so it may take a few hours before Google Play makes them available to you guys.
To obtain a passcode:
- Please understand that it's alpha code. It's fairly complete but lacks some error handling and error recovery. It may leave some files on your tablet in case of errors, and the only way to clean up those files will be uninstalling the app. Therefore, please don't ask for a passcode if you have purchased the app, or obtained a free activation code from me, because you may have to uninstall / reinstall the app when it goes beta or final.
- Follow the steps in my post "getting ready for ANT+". Instructions are for the 405, but you should be able to figure out how to make it work with your model (otherwise, sorry, the alpha is not for you :-). Unlike what is said in the instructions, enable device diagnostics under "options". Also, leave buffering and delay OFF at first.
- With diagnostics enabled, try to get the activities. The watch should pair and then an error message should appear, telling you that a passcode is needed. Click on the red "email log" button, send me the log. I'll get back to you with the passcode.
- Please understand that you're expected to actually try the app :-) and tell me if it's working fine with your Garmin, your tablet, your phone. I may need to add a few options to get the best reliability / performance on all platform, and withouth logs, it's hard to do so.
- for details on how to use the internal ANT+ chip in the Xperia see here.
- Please understand that, after you obtain a passcode, you should not buy the app during the alpha period, because it's recommended that you uninstall / reinstall the app when it goes beta or final.
- Please do not apply for a passcode if you're paranoid, you're afraid that my app will destroy your Garmin, your tablet, your phone, cause a nuclear war, summon demons to your house, or are otherwise suspicious that I'm a master of mischief trying to steal your precious money. Life is too short to deal with that.
If you're still reading this, yes, you're the right person to try the alpha :-)